- "Eeehh!? Our school doesn't have a Senshado Club!?. Got disbanded 10 years ago they said 'cause it wasn't popular."
- ―Rin and Haruka about the non-existent sensha-dō club
Tatenashi High School is a minor school featured in Girls und Panzer: Ribbon Warrior.
Behaviour & Policy
Very few things are known about Tatenashi High School, except that the school is very active in Kyūdō (the way of archery).
Tatenashi doesn't have any tanks except a Type 97 Te-Ke tankette that personnaly belongs to Shizuka Tsuruki.
As they have no existing Sensha-dō club the tactics they used to have are unknown.
Tatenashi's schoolship inspiration is unknown.
Tatenashi's uniform consist into a grey asymmetrical eight-buttoned jacket, a light pink shirt, a purple pink-dotted collar ribbon, a blue-striped red tartan skirt and a pair of loafers. Socks or legwear aren't regulated and depends on personal tastes (Shizuka wears a black pantyhose, Rin wears white low-socks and Haruka wears black high-socks).
Three students of Tatenashi enlist in tankathlon under the name Centipede Team.
Tatenashi High School has three characters of note, all part of Centipede Team.
- Type 97 Te-Ke (personally belongs to Shizuka Tsuruki)
- Tatenashi (楯無) means shieldless in Japanese.
- The school name is taken from Tatenashi-no-Yoroi (楯無鎧), which means "Armour with No Shield", an armor that belongs to an armor set named the Genji Hachiryo, that was wore by Minamoto no Yoshimitsu, great-grandfather of Takeda Nobuyoshi the first head of the Takeda Clan and the first Minamoto to adopt the name Takeda.
- Shizuka's ancestor were apparently part of the Takeda Clan. She also used two of the clan's emblem on her tank, the four diamonds and the Centipede.